A downloadable tabletop RPG
Copperhead County is a tabletop roleplaying game about organized crime, political corruption, capitalism, and life in the modern American South. Set in the year 201x, in a fictional county in Tennessee, your player characters try to make a living and build a business, American-style, while surviving against the competition, the authorities, and their own hellbound ambitions.
Copperhead County is Forged in the Dark, based on the beloved engine from Blades in the Dark. Inspired by media like The Wire, Breaking Bad-Better Call Saul, Justified, the books of Daniel Woodrell, and many other works of contemporary crime fiction, Copperhead County presents a grounded, realist world and invites you to play an action RPG in it.
The current Early Access version of the game is a 60+ page PDF, extensively playtested and refined, compatible with the free Blades in the Dark SRD. You will need to reference the SRD, or have a working knowledge of the system, to play. The EA document contains full variant rules, playbooks, player and GM guidance, and a complete setting. There's a lot of content! A standalone release is the next major update.
Anyone who purchases Copperhead County during the EA period gets a discount from the final price, all subsequent updates for free, all post-release content for free, and the satisfaction of backing a 100% DIY independent RPG.
Play and find:
- Action! Steal things, chase cars, brawl goons, blow stuff up.
- Drama! Develop your character's personal relationships and demons as they embark on their new career in organized crime.
- Politics! Consider the legacy and present of the South, in its dueling majesty and horror. How do you feel about mountaintop removal mining, union organizing, charter schools, and television news? Rig elections and corrupt the political machine, or reject the system and go your own way.
- Music! Copperhead County has two official soundtracks: a reasonably-sized one and an extremely long one.
Choose from character playbooks like:
- The Brick, an unstoppable enforcer.
- The Cleaner, a steady problem solver.
- The Hazard, a volatile artisan.
- The Mover, an uncatchable daredevil.
- The Stringer, an ingenious executive.
- The Wheeler, a wily politician.
Choose from crew playbooks like:
- Hellraisers, a crew of renegades fighting the status quo.
- Outfit, a crew of crooks exploiting the status quo.
- Blood, a family dynasty taking care of their own.
Steal, fight, negotiate, sin, and get rich in a place where whiskey and blood run together. Welcome to Copperhead County.
Created, designed, written, directed, & produced by Jason Eley
Additional gameplay writing by Michael Crowley
Additional playbook layout by Calum Grace
Cover and iconic character art by Dylan Choonhachat
Interior art by Adam Schwaninger
Cartography by Tiffany Munro
Blades in the Dark™ is a trademark of One Seven Design. The Forged in the Dark Logo is © One Seven Design, and is used with permission.
In order to download this tabletop RPG you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $15 USD. You will get access to the following files:
- Copperhead County November: Trouble Sandwich11 days ago
- ⛰️ Official Copperhead County Forum ⛰️27 days ago
- Copperhead County v8 + EL CAMIÓN SALE + Progress Update34 days ago
- Copperhead County Sheets Update45 days ago
- Copperhead County September Update52 days ago
- Copperhead County Salutes Labor Day (also it's 20% off)78 days ago
- Copperhead County August Update82 days ago
- Copperhead County July UpdateJul 22, 2019